Mammobus Programme FAQ
What is the Mammobus?
Mammobus is a mobile digital mammogram screening centre and is accredited by Health Promotion Board under Breast Screen Singapore Program (BSS). By making it mobile, it can reach out to a larger community, which serves to achieve its mission of making basic healthcare services affordable and easily accessible
It features an all-female environment to extend privacy and comfort to the participants. Conducted by an experienced radiographer, a coordinator will also be on-board to educate on
breast health management and share tips on breast self-examination.
The Mammobus is equipped with a digital mammography machine. Since mammogram images can be reviewed instantly, the number of recalls due to blurring is considerably reduced. It also offers a higher capacity for screening more participants, thereby benefiting more women.
*Please note that the Mammobus is non-wheelchair accessible
How much does the screening cost to Residents?
1. Singapore Cancer Society, Breast Cancer Foundation and NHG Diagnostics jointly launched ‘Community Mammobus Programme’ to make mammogram screening more affordable. This programme is offered for Singapore citizens and permanent residents on-board the Mammobus.
2. First Timer refers to a participant who has not been screened under the BreastScreen Singapore programme.
3. Prices are valid till 31 Dec 2021
4. Prices are subjected to change without prior notice
5. Foreigners will not be screened on the mammobus they will need to book their screening with the nearest polyclinic
Payment Methods to Mammobus for residents
Please see the table for payment methods. Cash will not be accepted on the Mammobus.
Payments are made directly to the vendor, NHg Diagnostics.
Who can be screened on the Mammobus?(Only eligible residents can be screened)
Based on Health Promotion Board’s BreastScreen Singapore (BSS) programme screening criteria
∙ Women aged 40 years old & above (Singapore citizen & Singapore PR)
∙ Have not gone for mammography in the last:
✓12 months (40-49 years old)
✓24 months (50 years old & above)
∙ Have no breast symptoms such as breast lumps or nipple discharge
∙ Have not been breastfeeding for the past 6 months
∙ Not pregnant
*(Please note that the Mammobus is non-wheelchair accessible)
I am interested, how do I book a screening slot?
1. Check your eligibility
Singaporean or Singaporean PR
Over 40 years of age
Fully vaccinated ( 2nd dose was done > 6 weeks ago)
Last screening was done more than a year ago
2. Click on the Mammobus Banner and you will be able to view the terms and conditions and the available screening slots.
3. Read the terms and conditions carefully before confirming your screening slot.
A “no - show” deposit of $153 will be on hold when making the booking.
If you turn up for the booked screening slot, this deposit will be released the next working day after the screening.
If you DID not turn up for your screening slot, the “no-show” deposit will be charged.
4. Upon receiving bookings through the iCondo App, the iCondo team will contact the resident and request for Date of birth, ID, Full name, Residency Status, Date of Last Vaccination and Email for eligibility verification with National Healthcare Group Diagnostics (NHGD)
5. The iCondo app will send an in-app notification reminder one day and one hour prior to your booked screening slot.
6. Screening will take approximately 20 minutes.
7. Please arrive at the mammobus location 15 minutes early.
What does waiting list slots mean?
1. Sometimes, screening slots open up when the resident does not meet the eligibility criteria for screening. When that happens, we will release the slot and it will be assigned to the first person on the waiting list according to the priority (waiting list 1 , waiting list 2 and etc)
2. When booking a waiting list slot you will agree to take up the next available time slot that opens up and becomes available
3. A “no - show” deposit of $153 will be on hold when securing a waiting list spot
4. However, if you did not secure a confirmed screening slot, this deposit will be released the next working day after the screening date.
5. If you have successfully been allocated a screening slot and have completed your screening, the “no - show” deposit of $153 will be released the next working day after the screening.
6. If you DID not turn up for your confirmed screening slot, the “no-show” deposit will be charged.
7. Upon receiving bookings through the iCondo App, the iCondo team will contact the resident and request for“date of birth, ID, full name, residency status, date of last vaccination and email” for eligibility verification with National Healthcare Group Diagnostics (NHGD)
What do I need to prepare before going for Mammography?
On the day of the examination, do not use any body lotion, deodorant, perfume, powder or ointment on your underarms or breasts.
Wear a comfortable two-piece outfit as you would need to undress from waist up. Remove any jewellery from your body. If you are or suspect you are pregnant, you should inform the radiographer before the mammography.
Note for Mammobus Participants: Please remember to bring along your identity card.
What can I expect during the mammography process?
A female radiographer will perform the procedure to safe guard your privacy. Before the examination, the radiographer/coordinator will ask you a few questions regarding your medical history.
During the mammography examination, it is necessary to compress the breast using a plastic plate in order to obtain a more detailed image of the structures in the breast. The compression may be uncomfortable but please inform the radiographers should you experience any extreme discomfort.
When can I obtain the results?
If you are screened under the Screen For Life programme, your result will be posted to you within 4 to 6 weeks after your mammography.